• Invaluable and authoritative guide for collectors
• Covers the radiator mascots of all British marques beween from 1896.
• Also covers corporate and accessory mascots, including foreign
mascots, such as Lejeune, sold in Britain
• Tells the fascinating stories behind individual mascots, such as
Rolls-Royce's famous Spirit of Ecstasy
• Colour throughout
• Will appeal to Art Nouveau/Deco collectors, those interested in
sculpture and all car enthusiasts
An invaluable and authoritative guide to British automotive radiator and
accessory mascots produced between 1896 and 1960. A great source of
information for collectors and enthusiasts.
A full colour guide to British radiator and accessory mascots of 1896 to
1960 compiled by two leading experts in the field. Packed with
information and stunning pictures, this comprehensive guide is
invaluable for collectors and enthusiasts. The authors' collecting
experiences are recounted, and the book explains how to get started,
where to buy and – very importantly – how to spot fakes. Fifty-four
British marque mascots are covered, along with those produced by
corporations such as ICI, and the accessory mascots which owners could
purchase to individualise their cars.