Formula E is leading the way for the future of motorsport, promoting electric power for a sustainable future while providing thrilling racing. Formula E: Racing For The Future, produced with the full cooperation of Formula E, gives the reader an access all areas pass to provide a fascinating insight into the series and its inner workings. The official book looks at the origins and history of Formula E, follows the evolution of the series, examines the design, engineering and technology of the cars, collects views from drivers and engineers about the challenges involved, and takes a close-up look at the organisation of a race weekend.
- The Formula E story: origins of the concept; its DNA of city-centre racing worldwide; anatomy of the original Spark-Renault SRT_01E Gen 1 car; the sporting regulations; summary of seasons from the start in 2014/15.
- Formula E’s development moves into its second phase: the new Gen 2 car introduced for the 2018/19 season, with increased range (eliminating mid-race car swaps), more power and added aesthetic flamboyance.
- The Gen 2 car described and analysed in detail: chassis, bodywork, aerodynamics, powertrain, battery, electrical equipment; suspension, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres, cockpit controls and safety equipment.
- The engineer’s view (Jaguar racing technical manager Phil Charles): vehicle dynamics and car set-up; a small, well-drilled team; scrutineering and technical checks; procedures through a race weekend; the importance of braking.
- The driver’s view (long-time Formula E driver Oliver Turvey): cockpit controls and settings; the driving challenge; the importance of the simulator; practice and qualifying; and finally the race itself.
- Forewords by Jean Todt, President of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), and Alejandro Agag, Chairman and Founder of Formula E.
- Tabular details of car specifications and season results.
This is a must-have book for all fans of Formula E as well as those coming to the series for the first time and wanting to know more about it.
Author: Sam Smith
Publisher: Evro Publishing Limited
Binding Type: Hardback