Launched in 1957 this all glass fibre monocoque
did not go into full production until 1959 when the new factory at
Cheshunt was opened. Coventry Climax supplied complete engines mated to
BMCsB-series gearbox. The trimmed body shells were produced by Maximar,
these can vary in width and length from each other. The Series 2 had
bodies made to a high standard by Bristol with some interior changes.
The SE version had more performance, up to 83bhp, and could also be
specified with Stage II tuning. Due to difficulties in distribution and
price the car was offered in component form in 1961. This is a book of
contemporary road tests, specification and technical data, drivers
impressions, racing, long term tests, history.