• Stunning contemporary photography, virtually all in color.
• Year-by-year coverage of all the production models.
• World markets reviewed to give a true picture of the cars available.
• Full co-operation from the factory.
• Serves as an invaluable guide as these cars become collectable.
• Written by an acknowledged motoring historian.
• Detailed appendices.
• Color and trim guides included.
• Comes with concise buyers' guide section.
• Written by a long-term Porsche owner and enthusiast.
The definitive history of the Porsche 987-series Boxster and Cayman
lines, including an overview of all the models sold in each of the
world's major markets. Packed full of information and contemporary
illustrations sourced from the factory, it provides the perfect guide
for enthusiasts, historians and those looking for authenticity.
The 987-series built on the success of the original Boxster, and also
spawned a new coupe version called the Cayman. In true Porsche
tradition, the model was subjected to a programme of continuous
development and allowed to evolve, with increasingly sportier versions
following year after year. Told by a leading marque authority, this is
the definitive story of Porsche's affordable two-seater models from
prototype stage to 2012, which signalled the end of the 987's run. The
work is complete with factory-sourced images and details of the cars
sold in all major markets.
Author: Brian Long (Author)
Author Bio: NA
Publisher: Veloce Publishing
Binding Type: Hardcover
Illustrations: 200 color & b-w photos
Printing Status: In Print
Country Made: NA